The most tenderand tastiest part of beef,tenderloinis ideal formaking steak dishes.Especially when mixed with red wine sauceit would give a delicious Western dish for every party.
- 1 cupred wine
- 1 cupred vinegar
- 1 thin slicechives
- 2 teaspoonspeppercorns
- 2 sprigsfresh basil
- 2 kgchunk of beef tenderloin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoonscanola oil
- 3 knobsbutter, unsalted
- Preheatthe oven to about 205 °C.
- Mix red wine, red vinegar, chives, peppercorns and basil together in asmall pan, cook for about 10 minutes over strong heat until the mixture reduces by half. Remove from fire and set aside.
- Season the tenderloinchunk with salt and pepper evenly on all sides. Heatthe canola oil in an ovenproof dish.Carefully place beef in the dish and dish in the oven. While broiling,turn beef overevery 5 minute for medium-rare,from 12 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gradually add butter into warm wine sauce until melted. Use a sieve to strain the mixture into a small pan, add salt, pepper and keep sauce warm.
- Take the beef out of the oven, leave for 5 minutes. Slice to your liking and place on dish. Pour the beef juices in the broiling dish into wine sauce, stir well and spoon the mixture over beef slices.Finally, serve and enjoy!